The plastics industry is becoming increasingly important internationally. Parts made of plastic, synthetic rubber or natural rubber are used in many industries such as the pharmaceutical, food, packaging, cable, electric and electronics industries. Continuous inkjet printers from LEIBINGER are well-suited for permanently marking and coding plastic products. The printed data is monitored using LEIBINGER camera systems with the highest level of reliability during ongoing production.
- Characters and text
- Meter marking
- Batch numbers/lot numbers
- Company logos
- 1D and 2D codes
- Plastic/thermo-plastics such as PE (polyethylene), PP (polypropylene), PVC (polyvinyl chloride), polycarbonate (PC), etc.
- Plastic/thermosets such as polyester (PES), formaldehyde resin, etc.
- Synthetic rubber/Buna rubber (polybutadiene)
- Natural rubber (e.g. condoms)
- Latex (e.g. gloves)
- Acrylic glass (Plexiglas, PMMA)
- Foam materials
- Cables and pipes
Examples of typical applications
- Traceability/track and trace/identification
- Special inks for the best durability on a wide assortment of different materials, e.g. heat-resistant inks
- Micro-printouts, particularly small font sizes down to 0.8 mm
- Marking of light colors on dark backgrounds
- Comprehensive software and hardware accessories for easy and flexible integration of a printer in product lines
Typical print monitoring tasks
- Print monitoring/verification/image processing of various printouts
- Reliable monitoring of inkjet fonts (printouts of small character inkjet printers)